Through The Darkness




A newborn sun was nearly cracking an old dawn as I felt the sudden heat of sunlight. And I could tell that the traffic was starting to boil too and I still haven’t got home yet. I’ve always loved long rides but this one seemed tiringly infinite.
After few hours later of pit stops and roaming thoughts, the driver said that we were finally arrived. And while I was grasping that frozen doorknob, I felt a little heartbroken by the sound of creaking which made me getting on a train of unrecovered sweet memories. The scent was divine as always but no more warmth was filling up around... Only an unbreathing cold emptiness; The woman who has taught me how to see the world was gone.
I was born with the most beautiful eyes I’ve been told, but never got the chance to see them. I was raised in darkness and undefinition, grown up between getting harmed and lost, cursed by pity and merciless. Yet I was blessed with a fabulous mother who saved me from being stranded in my solitude. She showed me how to create my own universe instead of waiting for someone else to describe it for me. I learnt to use my strong senses I’ve been gifted with to draw at last my very own painting making sure not to miss a shape, a color or a shade. I am glad I made my mother proud of who I become.  And I know from the bottom of my heart she’d passed away with a relieved and peaceful soul completely aware that her only daughter has beaten her blindness and got to see what others couldn’t ever see.



Share:

0 comments