Soft As Thorns





It was like a dream, a beautiful one!
He was in front of me, with that charming gaze holding my soft hands like he used to call them. I still remember how nervous he was that night which gave me a false impression especially with such a fancy romantic dinner he had managed ..
After hours of an endless conversation -that I now wish if it only would last forever- he said it was late and he should drive me home. I felt a little disappointed. I hoped or maybe even expected that he would take the step I’ve ever wanted him to take.. I lately realized how I‘ve been pitifully obsessed with the silly Ring thing..
On our way home, I was the whole time faking a smile thanking My Man for the unforgettable night while I’ve actually been swallowing the anger and despair inside my chest, waiting to get home so I could finally sob until my pillow gets soaking wet ..I got out of the car, suddenly I heard him calling out my name. I turned around with a little smile on my face, believing that the most awaited moment has lastly come. But in fact he was only holding a STUPID TEDDY BEAR saying that… that beautiful night hasn’t ended yet.
I remember how his pure joyful good-looking face teased me, so all what I could do then was Yelling: SERIOUSLY? I took it and threw it away!
 At that very damned instant, everything happened too fast right after: When he was trying to get back that teddy bear, an unexpected car showed up from nowhere and hit my Man… deadly! 
Now and as two years ago, I am sitting next to that green grave, holding my Teddy bear with My Soft Hands re-checking again a shining ring that’s placed inside its belly, dreaming tragically of him with his warm tone that I've always loved saying what I didn’t let it be said. “Will You Marry Me, Mary? “ 

Share:

0 comments